Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger - July

A while ago I was hit with one of those cravings that I just couldn't deny. I needed something rich, smooth, and fabulous which is exactly when I ran into Karina's website that day, she had the dish I craved featured and I just had to make it.

For Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger July, hosted on The Celiac Family I decided to adopt The Gluten Free Goddess herself, from Karina's Kitchen. Thank you for all the wonderful recipes and inspiration you provide. The community is blessed to have you.

Karina's Flourless Chocolate Cake called to me that day I saw it on her website, you see I personally don't think anything could have fit the bill for my craving quite like it did. Chocolate, coffee, good vanilla... perfect. Gathering the ingredients was interesting, you see... bourbon vanilla is nearly impossible to find here but after much driving around I managed to nab a couple of beans. I then had to learn what was required to make a bean equal tablespoon a liquid, once done however I was on a roll.

I borrowed a spring pan from my mother, which was definitely necessary to make this not turn into a disaster come eating time. I couldn't process the chocolate so ran into some melting issues which I cleverly solved (with a hair dryer), when I make this again I would certainly love to try it with a food processor, I believe it would all come together like magic! I topped it with my favorite caramel sauce as I ate it, so nothing would get soggy



Looks yummy doesn't it? It was, and I shared! I took some to my neighbors and gave some to my parents, you see this cake is very rich and while just what I was needing, much too much for me to take on alone. I will be making this again and I will enjoy it just as much the second time around as the first... I might not brew my coffee quite so strong though.

5 comments:

Brian said...

I can't resist chocolate and coffee. I'll have to add this to my list of things to make. I'm sure it is as rich as it looks.

Amy Green (Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free) said...

Your cake turned out wonderfully. I had too much fun with Adopt A Gluten-Free blogger. I need to spend more time cooking other people's recipes - I learned so much.

Lauren said...

Beautiful cake! I wish I could reach into the screen to try a bite =D.

Heather @CeliacFamily said...

It really does look delicious. What did you use for the caramel sauce?

Iris said...

I've been wanting to try that recipe forever! It looks so good! One of these days, I have to go for it!