Corn and Black Bean Salad.


Join us over at The Gluten Free Homemaker for her blog carnival held on Wednesdays, What can I eat that's Gluten Free. Linda does a great job organizing this weekly event and you'll always find plenty of yummy gluten free morsels to try out.

4:00 pm: I just came inside, its a warm 83 degrees out there and I felt the need to mow the lawn. This entails weed-wacking and sweeping up the mess, which makes it a HOT 83 degrees outside. So I'm feeling that heat and I need something refreshing, a glass of ice water and a quick hunt through the fridge, what do I find?

This little beauty I made up the other day. Crisp and refreshing, sweet and slightly sour, a palate cleanser that cools.



Corn and Black Bean Salad

2 Cups fresh sweet corn
1 can drained and rinsed black beans
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1 Healthy handful of cilantro chopped
3 tablespoons white vinegar
Pinch of salt (if you want, I didn't use any)

Gently toss and enjoy. If you can let it sit a bit it'll taste better, I however dig right in.


5 comments:

Amy Green said...

One of my favorite combos! The cilantro really gives great flavor. BTW - it's 105 in Dallas. I'd love for it to be a warm 83 here. :)

Linda said...

I'm not a fan of beans, but that looks really nice and sounds good too. Thanks for participating so regularly and for your support.

Cheryl Pitt said...

Yum, that sounds delicious!

I also love the look of your blog, the colors are great!

thewholegang said...

We love beans and that looks great and I love that it's fast and easy. Great idea!

Brian said...

I make something very similar to put in tacos. I use fresh lime juice instead of vinegar. The flavors of corn, beans, and cilantro are great.