Pumpkin Seeds.

So it's the time of year that pumpkins are all around. Whether they are being carved, put in a pie or used for decoration you are probably seeing them everywhere. I love fall and the plethora of color that comes with it. I've even painted my kitchen pumpkin toast. As I take an occasional walk in the crisp fall air I see signs of the season everywhere and I love it. The sound of little children laughing all bundled up, leaves being raked, and birds chirping in bare trees as they get ready to fly south. All these things make the season right for me, I would go so far as to say I probably enjoy fall the most.

Every year I roast the measly couple of cups of pumpkin seeds I get from carving my halloween pumpkin. Sometimes it's these easy and quick little things that allow the feel of the season to creep in. This year I decided to try something a little different than my normal simply salted and roasted variety. These were adapted from another recipe I found and call for Worcestershire sauce, I use Lea & Perrin's as it is gluten free.



Gluten Free Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:

2 cups pumpkin seeds (raw)
3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil

Melt the butter and add all other ingredients. Mix well. Roast in a 275 degree oven in a shallow pan for 1 hour and moisture has evaporated.

If you like it saltier... by all mean change it up. I know next year I'll probably change it up a little as well, maybe trying to add a little heat with some chile sauce or cayenne. Cooking is an adventure, so enjoy yourself. Find a recipe you like and change it up just a little. That's how you start making the kitchen yours.

0 comments: