Curry



The last couple of weeks I've had a desire to eat curry, a lot of it. While I haven't exactly eaten a lot, I have eaten some. It's so nice to be able to put together a quick meal served on rice that warms you through. I think that (other than rice) the total prep and cook time for the meal pictured below was 20 minutes. I love my wok.

There really isn't a recipe. I marinated a beef steak in a couple of tablespoons gluten free curry powder, some soy sauce and about a tablespoon of vinegar. I browned the meat, julienned some leeks, sliced some onions and stir fried them with some ginger and garlic. I added some water to make it a little more saucy and served over brown rice cooked in beef broth. Quick, easy and tasty.



This last weekend we had a spring craft show. I love going to these, it's $5 for entry for the weekend and I get to admire a plethora of crafty peoples handywork. I'm usually sad that I can't taste anything however (due to nothing being gluten free or it all being garnished with a pretzel or cracker.)

This show though I was presently surprised. Not only could I taste something, but it was curry in nature. When the girl at the booth said, "There's no wheat in any of it, I can't eat wheat either," I almost squealed in delight. It was so tasty in fact that I bought one of each variety. I recommend them, they are very easy to use and taste so very good. Head on over to Kali's Table and check them out. Give them a try, if you like indian flavors you'll like these.

Join us over at The Gluten Free Homemaker for What's for Dinner Wednesday. It's fun and there are plenty of gluten free dinner ideas to be had.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this looks easy enough even for me! :)
Jessie

Anonymous said...

This is my kind of "recipe."

Brian said...

I haven't used curry much but this looks like a good reason to dust off the spice jar. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

We're not curry fans, but the basic idea could be used with other flavors. I have to get some leeks!

Gina said...

I like leeks too. This does sound really easy to prep, but impressive to serve. Great idea!

thewholegang said...

This curry looks good. I like the addition of leeks. What gluten free soy sauce do you use?

Babyfro said...

I use LaChoy... I've yet to be glutenized by it. I have tried a couple of other but they tasted completely horrible. We've got a local asian market so I may check there for another variety. Maybe I'm being affected and can't tell. I try not to use anything with caramel color although I just noticed that LaChoy has it.