Steak and Spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette



Come join us for What's for Dinner Wednesday hosted over on the Gluten Free Homemaker. Every week we share fabulous gluten free dinner and sometime dessert ideas. We'd love for you to you to join in and share yours too.

So, I just thought I would share with you what I ate for dinner tonight. I had some leftover grilled steak from last night, sliced thinly over some of my CSA spinach, accented with crimini mushrooms, black olives and some CSA cilantro. Balsamic vinaigrette (I just sprinkled some balsamic vinegar and some olive oil on top) was my dressing of choice. I have to tell you, this was delicious. I had the same thing with the addition of blackberries the next day, tasted sooooo good. What's your favorite salad preparation?

4 comments:

Linda said...

I usually put leftover chicken on salads, but steak is good too. Your picture looks so appetizing!

JoAnn said...

Oh wow...that really does look fabulous! Your picture makes me hungry! :)

Brian said...

Great picture! There is restaurant close to me that serves a "Black & Bleu" salad. It has steak strips, like your salad, with bleu cheese crumbles over the top. It is delicious. I just may have to make your salad soon. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That looks like the perfect antidote for my rich alfredo dinner. I like feta, chickpeas, raisins, apples, and walnuts with a garlicky balsamic viniagrette. Weird combo, but it works for me.