Honey Mustard Chicken - Grilled


Here's to another great installment of, What can I eat that's gluten free? over at the Gluten Free Homemaker. Thanks again Linda for keeping such a wonderful resource going. I love seeing what everybody has to share each week.

I've been eating tomato and pepper free the last half of summer in an attempt to solve some health issues. I don't know how well its been working as while the symptoms didn't go away completely they did seem somewhat alleviated. Back to why this is relevant, summer is grilling season and we grill a lot. My husband while very tolerant was getting quite sick of having teriyaki everything from the grill (the only sauce I'd come up with that didn't have tomatoes or peppers and I could make gluten free). BBQ sauce is of course not an option due to the fact that it's full of tomatoes and pepper based spices. Can't say I blame him, I was getting a little tired of it too, while I love teriyaki, one can only eat so much of a good thing.

Desperate to change things up a little I started roaming the web for sauce recipes. One shouted at me, honey mustard. I'd shopped around a lot and have found a spicy mustard that didn't have anything in it I couldn't use so knew I was going to give it a try. Low and behold it was super yummy. If you want to add a little heat to this I'm sure the recipe would take it well.



Honey Mustard Chicken on the Grill.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup mustard (use your favorite as its the base flavor in the dish)
1/2 cup honey
4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
20-25 chicken drummets (rinsed and pat dry)

Directions:

In a large bowl mix the mustard, honey, and mayonnaise. Set aside a small amount of the sauce for basting with later.

Add chicken to the bowl and coat well with sauce. Let it marinade thirty minutes to an hour.

Lightly oil your grill and cook your chicken until done (will differ depending on what cut of chicken you use), basting occasionally with the reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes or so careful as they can char quickly if left unmonitored. Serve and enjoy.

Honey Mustard Chicken on Foodista

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'm not a huge mustard fan, but I've been using it more. I think I would like this. Thanks for the recipe and for participating in the carnival.

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

Mmm Hmm, honey & mustard, two of my favorite condiments. Great thinking, avoiding tomatoes would be difficult, especially in summer.

Charm said...

I can't handle tomatoes either so my friend gave me a recipe for a bbq sauce that uses carrots and beets, it's different but works.

Nancy - TheSensitivePantry.com said...

Looks delicious. I haven't had honey mustard chicken in forever -- and never on the grill. Time to try it!