What Can I Eat That's Gluten Free? Soup, a collection.



It's Wednesday again here in blog land and The Gluten Free Homemaker is hosting her "What can I eat that's Gluten Free" carnival. This weeks challenge is soup! I have to say that its been warm and beautiful around here lately and so, not so much soup weather. That doesn't stop me from eating or making soup, I'm just not doing it quite as often as I had been the last couple of months.

I've got a few recipes up for some tasty soup already so I thought I would make a collection of the soups that I've previously posted and link them for you here. I have many more soup recipes that I love, hot and sour soup and a hearty vegetable beef are just a couple of them but have yet to blog about and so I may add them later on.

I'll start off with a soup that just screams fall to me. A friend of mine made a beautiful squash soup for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and since then I've been dying to have it again. This year I took matters into my own hands and did my best to recreate the wonderfully smooth, slightly sweet bowl of perfection I ate so long ago. This soup is great and the bacon adds just the right touch.

Living Without Wheat: Roasted squash soup.

This next recipe utilizes black beans. I've come to really enjoy black beans over the years. They are a softer, slightly sweet bean that lends itself very well to any number of dishes; chili, salads and soups to name a few. If you haven't tried them yet you really should, you may be surprised. I chose to use black beans and a mild sausage (that I had an abundance of and needed to use) in this soup. It was very tasty, my husband would have liked a stronger tasting sausage but that's the beauty of cooking, you can change ingredients to fit your liking. So feel free to try this recipe out and change it up a bit!


Living Without Wheat: Sausage and Black Bean Soup

I'm a great BIG fan of asian food/flavors and of a light meal every once in a while. It was in this frame of mind that I put together a quick, easy and light version of egg drop soup a classic meal opener at many an asian restaurant. I find when I have no time and don't feel like being weighed down by my lunch that this is what I turn to. I eat it frequently and appreciate the simple pleasure of it.


Living Without Wheat: Light and easy = Egg drop soup

I hope you enjoy some of the many soups that have been posted here, and on the Gluten Free Homemakers page. I always look forward to seeing what other people are making and giving their recipes a try.

4 comments:

Linda said...

That's a great collection, and they are all so different. You have me wanting egg drop soup. Thanks for participating in the soup challenge.

Aubree Cherie said...

What a great collection! I'd really love the try the squash soup. The addition of the bacon makes it all the more irresistible!

I'm also very impressed with the egg drop soup. I would have never thought to make it (and if I had I'm sure it wouldn't have turned out as lovely as yours looks!)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thank-you for stopping by my blog.
I love your soup recipes. They look so yummy. I do love soup.
Have a great week.
Take Care,
Lisa
http://www.lisasglutenfree.com

The Gluten-Free 'Dish' said...

I love soup and am always searching for new recipes! Thanks for sharing with us!