Chicken Cordon Bleu


Come join us over at the Gluten Free Homemaker for What's for Dinner Wednesdays. You'll find many great ideas for meals, sides and even dessert. It's fun, share your food with us.

I decided to try something this week that I hadn't as gluten free yet. I knew I didn't want to do anything fancy so I planned to just keep it simple. Simple and quick.



Chicken Cordon Bleu

All you'll need is 4 chicken breast halves, 4 thin slices of some ham or proccuitto, 4 slices of swiss cheese and some toothpicks.

Pound the chicken out between 2 pieces of plastic wrap using the flat side of a tenderizer, or a rolling pin... or however you want to do it. Just don't mutilate the breasts.

Salt and pepper each piece of chicken, lay a piece of meat and cheese down and roll. Hold in place with a toothpick.

Put in a saute pan (I use cast iron so I could put it in the oven,) just under medium heat. Cook through (took 20 minutes or so for me.) Remove toothpicks before serving. I made a mustard sauce to go on them, but I'm sure there are many other things you could do. Have fun, make it your own.

Enjoy.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I seem to have given up a lot recipes from our pre-GF days and forgotten them, too.

thewholegang said...

These look great. They held together so well and the cheese is still there. Last time I tried these the cheese all melted out. Now I don't eat dairy so I can skip that part. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious, I'm going to have to try these for my new bake ahead kick and maybe quad the recipe so I can freeze for later! I wonder how many I can squeeze into one pan :)
Jessie

Linda said...

That looks wonderful. I haven't made this in a long time, but I don't know why. Thanks for the reminder.

Brian said...

Great picture. My wife and I love chicken cordon bleu. This is a good reminder that I need to make it again, it's been a while. Thanks.

Gina said...

I never knew chicken cordon bleu was so easy! Thanks for the recipe - I've never made this before, but now I'll have to try.