Tostada Pizza

So I wanted to participate in Friday Foodie Fix - Avocado.... but, my family doesn't really eat it unless its in guacamole form. I did however come up with an idea for a meal that would be perfect with or without the addition of avocado.

Tostada Pizza... this is so easy. Make your favorite gluten free pizza crust, prebake it for 5 to 10 minutes. Then smear a can of refried beans or smooshed pinto beans with jalapeno (like I did) on the crust. Top with some ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken... whatever you use,) that you've browned with a 4 oz can of chiles, a bit of chile powder and some taco seasoning (to your taste of course,) and put back in the oven until your crust reaches doneness. Top with some cheddar or monterey jack and put back in the oven until just melted, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove your pizza from the oven and top with your favorite tostata toppings.



Honestly, this was really tasty. The flavors weren't anything new or suprising the having this on a pizza crust added just the right amount of specialness that it made for a really good and filling dinner.

3 comments:

thewholegang said...

YUM! I love pizza, even without cheese now, and I love the idea of avocado on a pizza. Great idea!

Linda said...

Wow, that looks great. It's making me hungry!

Anonymous said...

My kids love pizza. Mexican pizzas are one of their favorites, too.