Head over to Linda's blog, the Gluten Free Homemaker and check out the other gluten free dinner ideas for What's for Dinner Wednesday, while you're there add one of your favorite recipes to the mix.
Some of my favorite flavors are garlic and lemon. I've only had the wonderful privilege of eating lemons in anything for the last few years. You see, my mother is deathly allergic to lemons, even the smell of one will send her to the hospital. So the past few years as I've lived on my own (with my husband) I often choose to use lemon in my dishes.
I've tried many different recipes over and more often than not they are not "lemony" enough. If I choose to use it in a dish I like to be able to tell that its there. When I found this recipe I was so excited, from the looks of it I could just taste the luscious combination of garlic and lemon. Please enjoy this recipe as much as I have, it is not my own but I wish it was.
Mediterranean Lemon Chicken (from allrecipes.com)
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 chicken legs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, grate the peel from 1/2 the lemon, squeeze out the juice (about 1/4 cup) and add to peel with the oregano, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed.
- Remove skin from chicken pieces and discard. Coat chicken pieces with the lemon mixture and arrange, bone side up, in the baking dish. Cover dish and bake for 20 minutes. Turn and baste chicken.
- Reduce heat to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and bake uncovered, basting every 10 minutes, for about 30 more minutes. Serve chicken with pan juices.