Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger - June

So for the month of June, Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger is being hosted on Terri's blog, Faking It Gluten Free Style. I decided to participate again this month because I really do enjoy trying the recipes my fellow gluten free bloggers post. My adoption choice was easy this time around as I've made a few of her recipes recently.

Diane of The W.H.O.L.E. Gang, here's to you!! A lovely person with great food ideas and know how. She's active in the gluten free community, blogging (she hosts Friday Foodie Fix which is so much fun to participate in,) tweeting and generally sharing; recipes, shopping tips, product reviews and great insight. Diane and her family are intolerant to more than just gluten so you may find just what you're looking for on her website.

The recipe I decided to post about for this edition of Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger was something a little out of my comfort zone. You see, I participate in my local CSA, getting a box of veggies/fruits every week and for a few weeks I was getting a lot of spinach. The only way I eat spinach is in a salad, nothing wrong with that... just not very creative. Diane recently posted a delicious looking alternative that I just had to try. Spinach, Mushrooms and Bacon with White Wine. Wow. The picture she posted looked so good I knew it would taste that way too.



This is a side dish, although I ate it as a main dish for lunch the next day, tee hee. What can I say, it was very yummy. I love bacon and mushrooms, add spinach and wine and you're still talking good eats. If you're looking for a quick and tasty spinach preparation alternative please try out Diane's recipe.

1 comments:

thewholegang said...

That looks great! Thank you for adopting me this month. That is a really cool feeling. It's always fun for me when people try some of my recipes and then let me know, good, bad or indifferent. So glad you liked it but what's not to like about bacon. Thank you again. I feel honored to be adopted.